Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

Help. I am in my new Kindle Fire HD and cannot get out of

Customer Question

Help. I am in my new Kindle Fire HD and cannot get out of my 6 year old grandsons profile. I have tried to follow the instructions in the user manual to no avail. I can't find my profile when I turn the kindle on only my grandson's profile shows. what am I doing wrong?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Shaw aka Dr.Fix-It , Your online expert ready to assist you... Sorry having an issue with your Kindle profiles, have a tried a soft reset yet by pressing and holding down the power button for a full 45 seconds?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I did try that...Ii still only shows my grandsons profile.Also I did not get my books loaded from my 2nd kindle. I got my first Kindles books, but not from my 2nd. This is actually my third Kindle. How can I get my 2nd on loadded on to this one. It was in my husbands name, but he did not use it and gave it to me. He has since passed away. His email was***@******.***.
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
You will need to de-register the Kindle and then register it to your Amazon account
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
From the Kindle Fire HD device: Swipe down from the top of the screen and then tap Settings.Tap My Account.Tap Deregister.
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
Then can re-register it to your account so restore access to all your books:From Home, swipe down from the top of the screen and then tap Settings. Tap My Account. Tap Register.If you already have an Amazon account: Enter your Amazon account information, and then tap Register.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get it to work. It won"t take a charge and won't turn on. That is why I spent over $400.00 for a new one. I have over 200 books on it with my favorite authors and I expect satisfaction. You must have a better fix for this!
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
Please give it a try and let me know if you have any issues with a reply. . .
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
The books remain on the registered account in the 'CLOUD' or online Kindle library under the Amazon account...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And if I have no info on his account...then what?
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
Do you have access to the hpgreen email?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I do.
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
Please click here to reset the Amazon account password ***** can access the online library.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you... I still cannot access my account on my new Kindle.
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
Can then go here to request Amazon to link & merge you two Amazon accounts so can have access all your content.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, But back to the first question. I cannot get out of my grandson"s profile to access my profile.I have tried the soft start and it didn't work.
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
You will need to factory reset the Kindle by unregistering from your account and then re-registering it, if cannot access from the device, then will have to do it from your computer: From your computer: Visit Manage Your Content and DevicesSelect Your Devices.Select your device or app and select Deregister in the Actions column.To confirm, select Deregister again on the pop-up window.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks...I will try that.Goodbye
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
MeOK, Your welcome... let me know how it goes, thanks. https://www.amazon.com/mycd
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
Hi just following up to see if you were able to resolve the issues with your Kindles and accounts?
Let me know the results and have happy 4th of July!