Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

Kindle fire hd wont turn on not the charger

Customer Question

kindle fire hd wont turn on not the charger
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Please reboot the kindle by first making sure it has some charge then holding down the power switch for 40 seconds before releasing your finger, (use a watch to time) the kindle will reboot and reload the operating system then try the kindle again.
Let me know if you have any issues, if you do not please rate the answer positively there will be a rating bar with this post of smileys or stars thanks again
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did not work
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any charging light at all on the kindle?
If not have you moved the charger to another power-point?if not please do that thanks
Let me know
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no charging light tried different chargers and outlets have 4 other kindles raising grandkids they all have one .. this one was bought online e bay in march
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
OK how old is the kindle please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no idea kindle fire hd refurbished
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
OK I am out of ideas here I will opt out please do not do anything but await a reply from another expert
Anthony
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Just to confirm, there are no lights showing when you connect the charger correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no light
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the charger is new
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
I see also you have used multiple charges and power points, so it confirms its the mainboard in the Kindle that has faulted. Its not firmware as you have ruled this out.
Due to the cost of the repairs, this is not possible to have repaired, only really a broken screen is. I am really sorry but the Kindle is not usable and you will need to purchase a replacement one.
The best thing to do with the Kindle is to put it on Ebay and try to sell it for the screen as people will purchase it for this (to replace their own broken screen).
I am really sorry about this and If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you sure it just don't need a battery
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, as no lights are showing.
Battery issue will give you a red light, as the battery fault will not stop electricity flowing through it still.