Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My kindle seems to have died. Does it have a battery that can

Customer Question

My kindle seems to have died. Does it have a battery that can be replaced? Is there anyway to check it?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 25 seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.
If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.
This clears up the issues you're having 90% of the times, but in the rare case that it does not, the problem may go deeper than a software issue. If this is the case, please reply back with the specific model number off of the back of the Kindle, and also how long you've had the Kindle for, and I will continue to assist you.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please keep in mind that we are all independent Techs on here, working on our own time, and are only credited a portion of the deposit one we are rated POSITIVELY.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Those steps are the first things to try to rule out whether or not the unit needs service. If beyond those steps it still does not power up, then the device would need a fix beyond a hard reboot. In this case, if the unit is over one year from the date of purchase- and you are not looking to open the case and try a DIY fix, then you can use the link below to contact Mission Repair- which is a Kindle repair provider:
www.missionrepair.com
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.