Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

My mother has a NOOK and she is 90 years old. In April

Customer Question

Hello, My mother has a NOOK and she is 90 years old. In April she wanted to read the NY Times, it said FREE.
1. She has been charged several times.
2. I cannot find how to delete the NT Times from her NOOK - this is the most important as it is now interfering with her Tablet.
Please help me delete the NY Times from her Nook.
Thank you.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. The most likely issue here is that she mistakenly entered into a subscription. The NYT as well as most other newspapers and magazines are not free. They may have had a free trial, letting her read one day/week free, but then began a monthly subscription after that.You can change/cancel the subscription by clicking this link: http://bit.ly/1I60c87Sign in to her account when prompted then cancel the NYT. This should remove it from the nook at the same time as well.If it does not, from the home/library screen on the nook, touch and hold on the NYT headline, and the menu will pop up giving REMOVE as an option. Best regards,Nathan