Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Kindle does not keep the wifi connection. I changed the

Customer Question

My Kindle does not keep the wifi connection. I changed the connection while on vacation. Now home and am attempting to reset the connection. When re-setting to home setting, It locates my home setting and connects. Briefly it will hold then drop with the message "problems with authentication". It keeps to want to connect with an alarm system in the house. How can I keep the connection to "hold".
Thanks DGC
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 25 seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.
If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.
This clears up the issues you're having 90% of the times, but in the rare case that it does not, the problem may go deeper than a software issue. If this is the case, please reply back with the specific model number off of the back of the Kindle, and also how long you've had the Kindle for, and I will continue to assist you.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please keep in mind that we are all independent Techs on here, working on our own time, and are only credited a portion of the deposit one we are rated POSITIVELY.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried your suggestions. Still no connection. The icon in the upper right still remains un lighted. 0700 is this the number you asked for? "Still authentication problems" Tried the shutting down and rebooted several times. Still problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will i work better if we talked on the phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should the "Airplane Model" be on or off as I try to connect?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, I have had it about 1 ½ yrs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get rid of the two other networks?