Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Does the kindle have batteries that have to be replaced? I

Customer Question

Does the kindle have batteries that have to be replaced? I have Kindle Fire HD about 3 years old and I can't get it to recharge. What can you tell me to do. Thanks so much.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, The unit does have a battery which can be replaced- but please try a hard reset of the Kindle first.
To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 25 seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.
If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.
If this doesn't work, then let me know if you have the Kindle Fire HD 7" or 8.9" and I will locate the battery for you.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.