Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I reset my kindle to factory default but it will not let me

Customer Question

I reset my kindle to factory default but it will not let me register my kindle
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Shaw aka Dr.Fix-It , Your online expert ready to assist you... Sorry having an issue with your Kindle, what was reason for the factory reset? & Does the Kindle show a WIFI wireless connection?
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
After doing the factory reset did you select your home WIFI network and enter the wireless password ***** get reconnected before enter your Amazon email and password?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes It says im connected but my password ***** saying error it does not match Amazon account
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was originally my moms tablet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are u there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry had to step away for a bit, please make sure the Kindle is de-registered from your mom's account and you should be able to enter your Amazon email and password ***** re-register it. If need more help please tell me the exact model you have, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Every time I enter an email and password ***** says information does not match Amazon account
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
Please follow steps below to verify your email and reset your account password: Go to Forgot Your Password. Follow the on-screen instructions.You may be asked to copy the text from a picture in a text entry box (commonly known as a "CAPTCHA"). Make sure to enter the letters in all-caps.If you have a problem reading the "CAPTCHA," we'll give you a chance to try again with a different one. If you continue having an issue with the validation screen, contact us. Follow the instructions in the e-mail sent to the e-mail address on your account.
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
Sorry the link did not work properly above, please CLICK HERE to be routed to the reset password *****