Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I hooked up my lg 55"smart tv and it is notworking. only part

Customer Question

i hooked up my lg 55"smart tv and it is notworking. only part of the setup screen shows. i need help in finding what is wrong with it. my name is ***** ***** and my phone nomber is(###) ###-#### ***** just recievedthia set on june 2nd.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) Can you get the model number off of the back of the set?
2) Can you elaborate what you mean by "part" of the setup screen? In other words, what exactly do you see on the screen?
3) Is this TV brand new?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to see my reply?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i got the tv on june2nd.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Can you please reply back to the rest of the Info Request so we can continue?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
1) Are you able to get the full model number off of the back of the TV? 2) Please elaborate on what exactly you see on your screen- describe it, as I am not there to see what you're seeing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only the left side is ledgible with the word settings. on the right side it is all swirling lines with what look like cracks inside the screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the model i have i blieve is 55LF100-ua
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, that is bad news- this is a defective set. What looks like cracks on the screen- ARE cracks- within the LED panel itself (underneath the outer layer), and the TV needs to be returned and exchanged at the retailer you purchase it from. This would be caused due to mishandling when the set was shipped to store. I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix but there is nothing you can do on a user level to repair this problem. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how and where do send it back?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You need ti bring it back to where you bought it from- if it's a store, you return it to the store. If it was ordered, then you need to contact the company you ordered it from. You have 30 days if the set was purchased from an authorized retailer to return it for an exchange.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i bought it through amazon. should i go to tham?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you would go through Amazon and contact the seller to return the set as it is defective.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.