Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

My Kindle Fire will not recharge at all .What can I do?

Customer Question

my Kindle Fire will not recharge at all .What can I do?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps. Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

nothing happened-no flash and no start up

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. If this issue continues, and you have a new charger, then you almost certainly have a defective battery inside the kindle. Try bypassing the charger and plug the kindle into directly into the computer via usb cable. Leave it there for at least an hour to give it a chance to charge this way. Then, still connected to usb, press and hold power button for 60+ seconds, and release. The kindle will take 3-5 minutes to reload it's internal firmware. If it doesn't turn back on by itself, press power once to turn it on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Nathan. I will try it.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome.If that doesn't do the trick, then the next step would be to either open up the kindle and replace the battery ($30-40 for the part) if you are comfortable doing that yourself. Let me know which model and I'll send you a link to order the right one. Otherwise if you don't want to do that, you're better off buying a new kindle, it would cost less in the long run than parts+labor. In that event, your best recourse will be to contact Amazon kindle service directly, at 866\321\8851. Even if past the warranty, Amazon usually has very good customer service, and will often offer a credit/trade in toward a new or refurbished kindle model. Nathan