info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Expert
18621325

My screen is frozen on USA Cyber Security FBI Dept of

Customer Question

My screen is frozen on USA Cyber Security FBI Dept of Defense~ USA Crime Center. The message it gives me states that I need to "pay them $500.00" to them within 48 hours. This has got to be some sort of hack into my system. Is there anyway that you can scan clean my Kindle without losing my data, because, as is, I cannot get past this message, not even to get to 'Home'. This is the only page that I am able to see or get to, like it's frozen or trapped on this one page. Can you please help me, I can't live without my device. This is the IP address 71.12.239.42 that was listed under the 'FBI Case File'.... I really don't understand this... Can you please help me resolve this and scan my Kindle Fire clean? Thank you in advance, I have the utmost confidence in you... I'll be waiting...
David XXXXXX
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Welcome
Please reboot the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time this) then release your finger, the kindle will reboot and reload the operating system and it should be good let me know if you have any problems
A positive rating is appreciated thank you their will be a rating bar of stars or smileys with this post thanks again
Regards
Anthony
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
How has this worked out please?
Anthony