Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

I now have a new credit card but my kindle keeps showing message

Customer Question

i now have a new credit card but my kindle keeps showing message there is a problem with your credit card which would have been the old one. However I have been charged for books that I have ordered from amazon but they are not coming up on the kindle. Please tell me what to do to rectify the situation. The new credit card is 5520 3352 0610 9542.
As I use my kindle frequently I am quite lost without it. Please help ASAP please.
Ingrid Trounce
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Kindle and tell me please if you still have the problem.
Let me know the results please
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The kindle is still showing message there is a problem with your credit card on file
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Please do the below steps on your computer.
Visit the page for your account - click here to go to this page
- Log into using your Amazon account (the same Amazon account you have registered on your Kindle)
On the right side select "Settings"
Under 'Kindle Payment Settings' (first option)
Click 'Edit Payment Method'
Remove your Credit Card then add it again
Then Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Kindle and tell me if you still have the issue please.
Let me know the results please
Thank you