Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I have been trying to buy books on my7 kindle reader but it

Customer Question

I have been trying to buy books on my7 kindle reader but it keeps bringing up my old visa card to pay for them Icontacted you and reported that that card had been canceled and gave you a new card number to pay for purchases canyou tell me why it is still bringing up theold number
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. The likely issue is that you have a card on file for your amazon account, but had been making purchases via the amazon website. If you didn't specifically associate a particular card with the kindle, or configure one to a one click setting for the kindle then you could face this issue. There are a few easy steps to fix this though.First, go here:http://amzn.to/1yfsOmDthere you can be sure your card/bank info is correct (right address, valid expiration date, etc) From there, go here:http://amzn.to/15Q6xUWOn this page, click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right,then you can from there set a default card to be used for one click purchases on the kindle.Under Kindle Payment Settings, click on the Edit Payment Method button, and you can set the card you want used for your kindle purchases. After that, reboot the kindle by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, and it should operate normally from there. Best regards,Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, just checking in to see if you need any further help with this. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you,