Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I have wifi but in order to connect I have to show a password.

Customer Question

I have wifi but in order to connect
I have to show a password. I never had to do this before.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm96/1luvpeace/FixIt.gif"> Hi my name is ***** ***** http://www.dr-fix-it-advise.com" target="_blank"> Dr.Fix-It , Your online expert ready to assist you..
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
Sorry having an issue connecting to your WIFI, it would help me to know:`What model ereader do you have?&Do you have a Windows laptop connected to your WIFI now as well?
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know and will do my best to help resolve the matter, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have KINDLE PAPERWHITEreader andmy wifio is connected to mycomputer which is not a laptop
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, so your Paperwhite was working previously on you home wireless internet but not longer connecting now?Is your desktop computer connected to the internet via a wired cable or wirelessly?
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
Will need to verify your Kindle Paperwhite is trying to connect to your correct listed WIFI wireless network, then try to reset both the wireless router and Kindle device...
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
Please unplug the WIFI wireless router in your home and then plug back in after a few seconds so the WIFI wireless connected refreshes...Next press and hold the power button down on your Kindle Paperwhite for a full 45 seconds, only after the full 45 seconds release the power button to allow the Kindle Paperwhite to reboot.Once have reset and restarted both the Kindle Paperwhite and your WIFI wireless router, make sure the wireless is turn on for your Kindle Paperwhite and see if able to reconnect to it?Please give it a go and let me know the results, thank you for your patience thus far in troubleshooting this issue with you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
via a wired cable
I'mlost what exactly do I have to do? How do I reset?
The kindle shows a wifi error and I have to check the local network. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
To reset the Kindle Paperwhite simply press and hold the power button for a full 45 seconds, release and wait for it to restart...`If have a wirerd cable to your computer then then is hardwired via the Ethernet cable and not using a WIFI wireless signal, was the Kindle previously working on a wireless connection?It may have been connected to an unsecured WIFI wireless near you such as neighbor next door or nearby cafe.... If after the 45 second reset the Kindle is still unable to connect, would next take Kindle to local Starbucks, McDonalds or Target store to try to connect to the free wireless WIFI they offer.