Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have had my kindle which I received as a gift years.

Customer Question

I have had my kindle which I received as a gift for many years. Suddenly I cannot bring up any of my books. I'm going on a trip Help!
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Even if it does not look like it is charging and even though it may be fully charged charge it using a different wall outlet than you normally do (a different room is best) for at least 10 minutes.
Do not skip that even if it is fully charged from you already plugging it in, it is important to do it.
It sounds like the firmware may be frozen try this and let me know the results hold the power switch for at least 60 seconds.
Try this at least 6 times.
The firmware can sometimes get frozen the same way that a computer will occasionally.
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done this numerous times, neither my husbands, mine or daughters books come up
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You tried all of it including switching outlets, in the exact order I gave you? If not please do so now and let me know what happens.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Believe me I have been plugging it in and out in all rooms, trying it and letting it rest for two weeks and driving myself crazy where to find help until I found you I'm frustrated
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
When you try to bring your books up what does it do?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It says for the first time that I have to register my kindle as my email doesn't match what's on file. This was a gift and I have no idea what email or password ***** used, typically I would scan when my name appeared and my books would appear
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Do you share an account with someone? It sounds like it may have been deregistered. I can not help with account issues you need to call this number for that: 1-***-***-**** I can only help with technical issues.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Freddy M I'll call. Have a blessed day.Will my charge card be billed
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I have no control over billing at all. All I can tell you is that I am only paid if the customer pays and leaves a positive rating otherwise the site does not pay me anything at all. Please note when you rate that you are rating me only not this site, Amazon, or your Kindle.
.