Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

All my books are frozen and will not open. Help?

Customer Question

Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What reader do you have ? Kindle, nook, kobo, etc?How exactly did you reboot?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kindle. I turned power off and started up again eight hrs later.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My ten minutes are up with no answer. Is this a scam? I will request a refund.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information. I was waiting for your reply, which just came through. Your time is not up, that is not tracked unless we are both here communicating at the same time. I was waiting for a further reply for how you rebooted. Turning on and off is not the same thing as rebooting. This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps. Nathan