Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

Have recently been given an Amazon kindle. I previously had

Customer Question

Have recently been given an Amazon kindle. I previously had another brand and have a lot of books in my library ready to transfer to the ereader. Worked it out eventually how to transfer the books, but they now won't open . I made sure that they are mobi as I was
reading books that were ePub. I would like to be able to read the books I already have before purchasing more. Laraine
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
Please note: This is an independent 24hr online paid assistance site, where independent experts in their field from across the globe, can assist you for the agreed upon fee, all in the privacy and comfort of your home. We are not paid a salary, are spending our personal unpaid time to help you and are only paid a part of your question deposit when you give a smiley face / star rating of 3 or higher for the timely professional advise provided.

Hi Laraine, my name is ***** ***** Dr.Fix-It, Your online expert ready to assist you...
To better assist, can you please provide some more information:
`
What is the exact model of your new Kindle (Touch, Fire, Paperwhite, Basic)?
`
What was the model of your previous ereader?
`
I look forward to your response, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My previous ereader was another brand, and I could phone them at no charge and ask questions. My ereader is wifi Mac serial no B008 AOAO 1245 OJUS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Loraine unfortunately we can only remote connect to your pc for computer related issues and not the Kindle external device issue as requires wireless connection from your Amazon account... Please call 1-888-280-4364 if need help addressing any concerns about what books can be read on your Kindle. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As this answers nothing please disconnect me from just answer. I do not want to have any further connection to your firm. Laraine
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
Loraine You may not be able to access the books on your current basic Kindle, but may have alternatives to access the content... to further assist on this site I would need more specifics as to what was the exact model of your previous ereader and what format are the protected previously purchased ebooks in?
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.
Also do you have a tablet device or smart phone?