Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I am no longer able to download audio books to my kindle.

Customer Question

I am no longer able to download audio books to my kindle. In the past I would purchase the book and see the down load in progress. The book would appear on my home page. There was a change in my credit card number which I fixed through amazon. Can you help?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.
The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still occurs. I should memtion that the several items I purchased said they were downloading, I've been charged, but there no where on my kindle.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to the menu/toolbar on the kindle, and then to SYNC and see if that prompts them to download?You may also need to look under the CLOUD library rather than the kindle/device library for them.Let me know if that helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that and it says no new items. I also lost all the items I had before.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Are you sure the kindle is on wifi, and is registered to the same account that you purchased these items from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found my old items.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
OKay are the new ones showing anywhere? You may need to try the SYNC again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is on wifi. The account information in the same as amazon. We did have to change the card number because our card was hacked.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Where/how did you change that? Did you do it on amazon.com? or on the kindle itself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Changed on amazon. Don't know how to change it on the kindle.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Well it really doesn't work properly from the kindle, which is why I asked.Lets try resending the items,Go here:Manage Content and Devices (click for link or go to http://amzn.to/1ETVlSU )Next to each missing item, highlight it, then click on Actions, then Deliver To and pick your kindle.then sync the kindle again, and let me know if they show up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've gone into mange devices theis is the message I got.
You don't have any devices registered. Buy a Kindle or get the free Kindle reading app.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Okay so it sounds like somehow in the process of updating your card info, your kindle may have been deregistered (or else you're signed into the wrong account).Go on the kindle into the settings then look for the registration information. Does it show that it is registered.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Under de-register it says there is a registered user Gerald V. Pasko.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Okay so it is registered. When you go into your account on the computer, does it show that same name or email address: Change Account Settings
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I find that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found it and it has gerald v. pasko and the correct email address.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Natan are you still there or do I lose you.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Yes I"m here, sorry your replies didn't seem to be coming through.LEts go ahead and deregister the kindle (where you saw that before)then reregister it to the same email/password *****'ve always used for your amazon account
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try that. Let you know.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just completed that. Should be try to order something?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
If you had something you want to order, you can. I don't want you to have to spend money unnecessarily though. You can try the SYNC function again (or the deliver to function again) and see if your prior purchases come up that way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried to sync and its telling me no new items. Where is the deliver to function?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
That is the link I sent earlier, Go here:Manage Content and Devices (click for link or go to http://amzn.to/1ETVlSU )Next to each missing item, highlight it, then click on Actions, then Deliver To and pick your kindle.then sync the kindle again, and let me know if they show up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Telling me no items found.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Do you see at the top of that page, (on the amazon.com link I sent), it should have things like CONTENT, DEVICES, etc. You have to click on content, then send the item to the kindle.If you're not seeing it, I can connect to your computer remotely and show you what I"m talking about.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes they showed. Tried to sync on the kindle and it tells me no new items.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Look for the cloud (or even an audible/audio book) folder, rather than just the regular library
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have cloud and device. Where is the library?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Device is the same thing as library. Device is items stored on the actual kindle, cloud are items on amazon server available to be downloaded At this point I'm thinking your kindle may just need a firmware update. If you go into the about or advanced section of the menu, it should say the model number (starts with D0) and then a software version. Can you tell me what you see there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that information on the kindle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see the serial number on amazon.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Yes on the kindle, should be on the account, about, or help, or device page (depending on model)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
B00F 2607 1483 0PPU
firmware kindle 5.3.7.2(###) ###-####
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, you're actually on the latest update already.Lets try a deeper level reset process, and then failing that we can transfer the books to the kindle manually:plug the kindle into computer via usb cable, then press and hold power button for 60+ seconds, and release. The kindle will take 3-5 minutes to reload it's internal firmware. If it doesn't turn back on by itself, press power once to turn it on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have connected via usb and restarted the kindle. it is reloading.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The kindle has reloaded; however, my system is not recognizing the device on the usb port.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
The computer doesn't have to recognize it, at least not right away, and it is only necessary anyway if we have to load things manually. Make sure the wifi is on and try sync again now to see if your items are there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has sync'd and all our items are there, except for the new audio book we are tryong to purchase. Should we try to repurchase the audio book?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Yes, go ahead and try it again. It shouldn't double charge you as it would know if you already bought it, and if it didn't go through on the first purchase, then it would just buy it now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It still does not seem to be downloading the audio book. How do I see download progress (if running) on the kindle?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You dont' see a download in progress, it just shows up when complete. Did you ever see the new audio book listed on that content page on amazon.com that I sent you to? If not, then the purchase never went through
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The audio book is showing up under the Content section on the amazon.com account. Does this mean that it is still downloading?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
No it just means that the purchase completed.Try that "deliver to" function again please, then sync the kindle once more. If that still doesn't work we'll need to try transferring manually
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I now see the book downloading after I selected the file under the Content section. It is up to 88%. It seems that we may have overcome the problem. Thanks for your help. Have a nice day.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Great, glad to hear it is back on track for you.If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/ Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan