Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, E-Readers Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.

My Kindle fire wont turn on

My Kindle fire wont turn on
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 8 months ago.
Welcome!

My nickname is Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so
if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

•ANSWER•

Sometimes your Kindle can be unresponsive and keep you from using the device properly (the most important reason for this issue can be glitch in the software). If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.

Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
2. After 35 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your Kindle.

Please try this procedure at least 3 times (if you have leather cover or any other cover remove it).

If the previous procedure doesn't work, perform the procedure below:
1. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 5 minutes.
2. After 5 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold power (slide and hold) button for 35 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the Kindle to reboot.

Another solution for this kind of issue:
1. Connect the USB cable to computer (do not connect Kindle).
2. Hold the Power button for 20 seconds.
3. After 20 seconds while still holding Power button, plug the other part of the USB cable in the Kindle.
4. Leave the Kindle for 2 minutes and try to turn it on (hold the Power button for exactly 45 seconds).

Please try those solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works.

If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

do not know how to connect to computer

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for your reply.

To connect your Kindle to computer you will need USB cable. Do you have it?

That's a wire with USB port on one side and port for Kindle on the other.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I;m not aware of any wires

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I;m not aware of any wires

It's not a big deal if you don't have USB cable. The procedure above is called "force restart". Process should restart the Kindle while connected to computer (charging via computer).

Please let me know if any of the first two procedures works?

Thanks,
Todd
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

no nothing is happening

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

no nothing is happening

Thank you Barbara.

If none of the previous solutions works (the most important troubleshooting steps), I have good and bad news for you (please don't shoot the messenger).

Bad news is that your Kindle is defective. I have provided you with the all troubleshooting steps for resolving this kind of issue (resetting the software, force reset, USB charging). Unfortunately there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve.

Good news is that if your Kindle is still under Amazon warranty (1-year warranty) you will receive a new Kindle for free.

If your Kindle is out of warranty, the good news is that Amazon does often replace Kindles out of warranty. At least they would replace it for less than the cost of repairing.

You will have to contact Amazon warranty support service at 1-866-321-8851 to arrange replacement.

There is an option that Amazon calls you. Please follow the steps below:

1. Go to the page below - click here.
Log in using your Amazon account information.
2. Select Kindle > Kindle Device (or Troubleshooting my Kindle) > Problem with my Kindle > My Kindle is damaged or Kindle is frozen/unresponsive
3. Click Phone - Call us
4. Enter your number and choice "Call me now" or "Call me for 5 minutes".

Sorry I could not be of any more assistance, but there is a hardware issue that can't be resolved online.

If you are not satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record (very damaging for me). Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button (just reply "I'm not satisfied") and I'll connect you with our refund office (your deposit will be refunded).

Best Regards,
Todd
Kriptokrit, E-Readers Technician
Experience: Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.