Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, E-Readers Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

kindle needs repair

kindle needs repair
Welcome!

My nickname is Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Can you please provide me with more information about problem you have with your Kindle?

When did you purchase your Kindle?

Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

2 or 3 years ago I have 3 kindles registered to me

Hi Guy,

Thank you for your reply.

What is the problem with Kindle that needs to be repaired? (broken, frozen, wet etc.)

Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot get to home page or my books call me at !xxxx xxxx xxxx

Thank you for additional information.

Unfortunately, we don't have option to contact/call our customers yet. I can only continue this conversation and provide you with troubleshooting steps for this kind of issue. Do you agree?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We need to re start yhe kindle

Thank you Guy.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

•ANSWER•

Sometimes your Kindle can be unresponsive and keep you from using the device properly (the most important reason for this issue can be glitch in the software). If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.

Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
2. After 35 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your Kindle.

Please try this procedure at least 3 times (if you have leather cover or any other cover remove it).

If the previous procedure doesn't work, perform the procedure below:
1. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 5 minutes.
2. After 5 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold power (slide and hold) button for 35 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the Kindle to reboot.

Please try those solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works.

If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.

Kind Regards,
Todd

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nothing seems to work I will try tomorrow thank you for your help

You're welcome.

If none of the previous solutions works (the most important troubleshooting steps), I have good and bad news for you (please don't shoot the messenger).

Bad news is that your Kindle is defective. I have provided you with the all troubleshooting steps for resolving this kind of issue (resetting the software, force reset). Unfortunately there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve.

The good news is that Amazon does often replace Kindles out of warranty. At least they would replace it for less than the cost of repairing.

You will have to contact Amazon warranty support service at 1-866-321-8851 to arrange replacement.

There is an option that Amazon calls you. Please follow the steps below:

1. Go to the page below - click here.
Log in using your Amazon account information.
2. Select Kindle > Kindle Device (or Troubleshooting my Kindle) > Problem with my Kindle > My Kindle is damaged or Kindle is frozen/unresponsive
3. Click Phone - Call us
4. Enter your number and choice "Call me now" or "Call me for 5 minutes".

Sorry I could not be of any more assistance, but there is no more options we can try online.

If you are not satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record (very damaging for me). Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button (just reply "I'm not satisfied") and I'll connect you with our refund office (your deposit will be refunded).

Regards,
Todd