PramitP
PramitP, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
12720903

I am sure that my paperwhite kindle had 3G. However, since

I am sure that my paperwhite kindle had 3G. However, since returning from a holiday 3G has disappeared and my Kindle advises me to get Wi-Fi connection which I do not have. Are you able to help me.
With thanks
Patricia
Hi,,

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

I am sorry to hear about your problem. I will try my best to get your Kindle 3G working.

This happen mostly due to some problem in the firmware. First reset your Kindle by pressing or sliding and holding the power switch(at the bottom) for 30 seconds. Release the power switch. This will reboot the Kindle. If it still doesn't work, plug the charger for 10 minutes and while it is plugged, try the reboot process. Let me know if it helps. If it won't work, we'll see what can be done.

After the kindle reboots, go to an outside place, like outside your house and check if 3G is working.

Regards,

Pramit

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have tried that, but still no joy

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have tried charging for 10 mins, then rebooting and taking outside, but still no 3G

Patricia

Hi Patricia,

Could you please tell me where did you purchase the Kindle from?

Regards,

Pramit

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Purchased from Amazon about September 2012

Thank you Pramit

No what I meant is, is it an American Kindle or Australian Kindle?

Let me explain with more clarity.

Amazon has contracts with various cellular service providers. For instance it is AT&T in US and Vodafone in Australia.

Now, if the Kindle is from US, then the 3G feature won't work in Australia and vice-versa.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well Pramit I did get it from America, but feel sure I have had 3G because I haven't had any problems downloading books until today when suddenly it wanted Wi-Fi. What can I do now?

Kind regards

Patricia

You got it from USA and 3G was working in Australia, is that correct? For how long was the 3G working in Australia and in which region? Is the 3G working in the same region now? If you haven't checked, could you please check, if possible.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Now you may be on to something Pramit as I have been in the remote North of Western Australia where there was no mobile or internet connection for about three weeks!!

Cheers Patricia

So basically, the 3G feautre has not worked in Australia, till now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No the other way around, 3G worked until now!

I am sorry for the confusion here.

Was the 3G working in the remote North of Western Australia ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I really just read and didn't worry about trying to download anything Pramit so did not need 3G so am rather unhelpful here, but feel that I probably lost 3G up there and now somehow have to get it back!

Cheers

Patricia

I will try my best to get your 3G working.

Before you went to remote North of Western Australia, was the 3G working?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes indeed

That's exactly what I wanted to know. When your 3G was working, was it in Australia?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Absolutely in Australia..

One last question. Does 3G on your phone work properly in the area where you're currently in?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It did before I went to remote WA, but honestly Pramit don't worry anymore as I must go to bed as have a very early wake up call tomorrow. Thank you for trying to help and bill me for the $36.00 AUD

Kind regards

Patricia

It seems like there is internal failure which is with the hardware.

I know it's not what you wanted to hear but I will try my best to present the "not-a-good news" in an acceptable manner.

Now, the best thing to do is contact Amazon. They will send you a replacement for free(as yours is less than a year old)

There is no point in repairing because it will cost you a new Kindle.

I would suggest, call up Amazon and get a replacement. That way, you will be able to read your old books which are still present in your Amazon account.

By the way, you can get all your books from archives so you won't lose them at all and till you get a new one, you can use your Kindle account on your computer or ipad or laptop to read the books.

You can call Amazon at 1-206-266-0927

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not rate unless you are not satisfied. A Poor/Bad(1 or 2 Star) Rating affects my profile and performance here. If you feel like rating "Bad Service/I expected more" or "Poor Service/Helped a little", please stop yourself from rating and continue the conversation. I want you to be a happy and satisfied customer. If I have given you anything less than an excellent service, please let me know so that I can assist you further in providing the excellent service you deserve.

If you feel I have helped, please click on any of the smiley faces/stars after the second one from left to accept and rate my answer.

Regards,

Pramit