PramitP
PramitP, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
12720903

After working just fine this last year, my Kindle simply went

After working just fine this last year, my Kindle simply went black. I plugged it in hoping just lack of battery power . . . it's still black. HELP
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  PramitP replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer. I'm so sorry to hear about the problem.

This happen mostly due to some problem in the firmware. First reset your Kindle by pressing(or sliding) and holding the power switch(at the bottom) for 20 seconds. Release the power switch. This will reboot the Kindle. Try rebooting 5-6 times. If it still doesn't work, plug the charger for 10 minutes and while it is plugged, try the reboot process. Let me know if it helps. If it won't, then we'll figure something else out.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not rate unless you are not satisfied. A Poor/Bad(1 or 2 Star) Rating affects my profile and performance here. If you feel like rating "Bad Service/I expected more" or "Poor Service/Helped a little", please stop yourself from rating and continue the conversation. I want you to be a happy and satisfied customer.

If you feel I have helped, please click on any of the smiley faces/stars after the second one from left to accept and rate my answer.

Regards,

Pramit

PramitP, Engineer
Experience: Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

the rebooting effort did not work. Do you have another idea?

Expert:  PramitP replied 11 months ago.

Now, connect the Kindle to you computer USB port for 10 minutes and while it is plugged, try the reboot process.

Also, could you please try sliding for 60 seconds instead of 20? Try it atleast 3 times if it doesn't work for the first time.

Let me know how it goes.

Fingers crossed!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I am unable to locate the usb port on my WOW computor . . . no place that would take a two-pronged plug????

Expert:  PramitP replied 11 months ago.
Use the USB cable.

The narrow end is for Kindle and the wide end goes into computer.

graphic

Let me know if you have any difficulties connecting.