PramitP
PramitP, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
12720903

nook not charging ,charge is ok. seems to to be inside nook

nook not charging ,charge is ok. seems to to be inside nook can it be sent in for repairs
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  PramitP replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer. Could you please tell me how old is the Nook and which model is it?

Regards,

Pramit

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

got for Christmas 2011, model is bnrv200

Expert:  PramitP replied 2 years ago.

Hi Cheryl,

First try to reset the Nook by pressing and holding the power button for 20-25 seconds. Once it's turned off, let it sit idle for 5-10minutes. Then press the power button for 3-5 seconds. Wait for the Nook to turn on.

Also, try the reset procedure while it is connected to the charger.

If that doesn't solve anything, you may want to try Factory Reset but that will make your Nook lose all downloaded books(although you can get them back again).

1. Tap on the Settings
2. Choose Device
3. Choose to Unregister your Nook
4. After you unregister, choose to Reset to Factory Settings(Under the Unregister option)

Another option is replacing the battery. But that doesn't guarantee it's longitivity.

You can get the replacement battery from the link below.

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-NOOK-Color-Installation-Extended/dp/B00AEIC1EG

If all fails, I'm sorry, you will have to get another one, either a Nook or anyother e-reader. The reason is, a repair will cost you as much as a new one and since there is no warranty, ou will have to repair it by paying out of your pocket.

I have listed out all the possible options. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not rate unless you are not satisfied. A Poor/Bad(1 or 2 Star) Rating affects my profile and performance here. If you feel like rating "Bad Service/I expected more" or "Poor Service/Helped a little", please stop yourself from rating and continue the conversation. I want you to be a happy and satisfied customer.

If you feel I have helped, please click on any of the smiley faces/stars after the second one from left to accept and rate my answer.

Regards,

Pramit

PramitP, Engineer
Experience: Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University