Andy, Ereader Expert
Experience:  11yr exp. MS Elec Engg, Design Engineer.
16465236

my Kindle was not used for some 6 weeks. after recharging

my Kindle was not used for some 6 weeks. after recharging the battery the screen remains blank and no reaction at all to any buttons.
Hello!
I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today. Please Reply to me with doubts / questions till you are 100% satisfied.

What is the model name / version of your Kindle ?

Is the Kindle unit more than 365 days old

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I find out what the model is. Apart from Kindle on the cover and on the frame of the machine there is no indication of model. It was a present to me more than one year ago.

Please have a look at the models below and identity your unit :

(model name is XXXXX XXXXX each photo)

Kindle Fire Family

Kindle E-reader Family

Kindle e-Reader
Kindle

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is probably e-reader family, but images do not blow up much to see accurately

Does your Kindle has a physical keyboard .... Or does it has a touchscreen only ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

touchscreen only, not qwerty but aphabetical which has to be moved via the left right and up down sides of the central button at the bottom of the kindle.

Hi

Please do this and let me know result via REPLY TO EXPERT button.

You may have already tried this ... but please repeat it exactly as explained below :

If you are using a leather (or any other) cover on your Kindle, remove it now.
Connect the Kindle in to the charger for about 5 minutes. Then, keeping the Kindle plugged in to the charger, slide (or push) and hold the switch for up to one minute or until you see the Kindle screen flicker, whichever is sooner.
Then, wait for about 3 minutes so that the Kindle can reboot.

Let me know result via the REPLY TO EXPERT button.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Vielen Dank. Hat funktioniert und die gespeicherten Daten sind alle noch erhalten.

Thank you so much for your response !

Please go ahead and RATE this answer with (Good / Excellent) SMILEY face so that I get credited for my answer from this website.

(Bitte gehen Sie vor und Bewerten Sie diese Antwort mit (Good / Excellent) Smiley-Gesicht, so dass ich auf meine Antwort von dieser Website erhalten gutgeschrieben.)

Thanks and take care!