Rob
Rob, Engineer
Experience:  Many years of practical, hands on experience repairing numerous electronic components.
14831508

I love my Kindle, have had it for 20 months have got about

I love my Kindle, have had it for 20 months have got about 46 books on it. However on our journey from Australia to Heathrow on 20th April, half way through the book I was reading the kindle screen malfunctioned, as in was fragmented and only a quarter of the page was readable and the rest was streaky and looked like streaky paint. Can you help please.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
My name is XXXXX XXXXX Ill be helping you with this, today.

Can you tell me which model of Kindle you have please?
Other than turning it on and off, have you tried anything else?
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model is original 7inch with key pad. I did try switching it off and on and I think it made it worse. Also tried home page and menu page and they both opened, but obviously I could'nt read them. I have switched off but the picture is also streaky and looks more streaky, but the kindle seems to be working I think it is just the screen had stopped working.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thanks
I need to know the exact model, sorry.
It should be on the back, maybe?

Does the power switch slide across and then you release it and it goes back?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the power switch slides across and go's back. Model number is XXXXX FCC ID : X7N-0610 IC: 8959A-0610
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thats great, thanks.
There are so many different models and they are all slightly different, now I know exactly what you have, thanks.

This may just need to be reset.

Slide the power button over and HOLD IT THERE. You must hold it for 30 seconds.
You may see the screen flash. Thats ok, just hold it for the 30 seconds.
Release the power button and restart it.
This should restart the Kindle and all should be well again.
If so,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.

If this doesn't work, please don't use the rating now, but let me know whats happening with the Kindle now

Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Bob, I tried what you suggested but I think now the kindle needs charging, although it was showing green when I put it on charge it was amber so I will try in 30 minutes. And get back to you then. Sorry about this. Kathy
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kathy
No problem

Let it charge up and then turn it back on.
Hopefully it should be ok.

If not, retry the sequence as above.

Let me know how it goes though

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do Bob, talk later or hopefully will fill in you review . Kathy
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kathy

Thanks
All the best
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bob, I repeated the sequence at least 5 times but my Kindle won't switch of any more, have you got any more suggestions. The screen has gone mostly white with a few streaks in top right hand corner and a few words.
Kathy
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kathy

Im guessing its fully charged by now?

If that is the case I am afraid its not good news.
If the reset doesn't sort it out, then its a hardware error.

For this you will need to contact Amazon. Their free phone number is 0800(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
They will be able to help you send this in for a repair.
Sorry it isn't an easy fix for you, we both tried everything

Good luck with it
Rob
Rob, Engineer
Experience: Many years of practical, hands on experience repairing numerous electronic components.