Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

my kindle fire wont charge and it wont come on unless its

Customer Question

my kindle fire won't charge and it won't come on unless it's plugged up. it has a question mark in the charging icon when it is trying to charge. what is going on/
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.
I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your Kindle.
Try and rectify this issue by performing a hard-reset on the Kindle. Do this by pressing and holding the power button to the "ON" position for 30 seconds, then release and wait another 2 minutes for it to reboot. Then slide the switch once more to turn on. If this does not work the first time then please try this last ditch effort to get the unit up and running. Plug into the charger for 15 minutes, then while it is still plugged in, try the reboot twice more. If this does not correct the problem, then it will require service.

If you need further assistance, simply reply back and do NOT rate the answer. Also keep in mind that a "bad" or "poor" rating does not initiate a refund. You are rating the service I am providing you, not the problem with the equipment, or the fact that it may require service, or additional parts to fix the problem. The rating system is only to be used once we have successfully come to a conclusion, or a solution.

If this answers your question, please rate the answer with a "GOOD" or better, as it is the only way we Experts get paid for our work, and knowledge on the site. Bonuses are welcome and appreciated!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i did what you asked then i tried to charge it, but it won't charge. it is on though as long as the charger is in.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the reply and I am sorry to hear that. This indicates that the internal battery in the Kindle is faulty. How long have you had the Kindle for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's been acting this way for a while. I just decided to get it fixed. about 9 months now.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the reply. The unit indeed has a faulty battery and is in need of service or replacement. Thankfully, if you purchased the unit only 9 months ago, it is covered under Amazon's One Year Warranty for the Kindle and they will replace or repair it for free. I wish there was a quick fix for this problem, but after trying the reboot (this resets it's Firmware and cures this type of problem most times), and it will only stay powered ON when connected to the charger, this indicates a Hardware failure and not a Software failure. I would suggest contacting Amazon at the link below and returning the Kindle to them under Warranty Service:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200144500

Aric, Technician
Experience: 15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks so much i will do

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
You're very welcome and best of luck.