Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician
Experience:  ... its a whole library in your hands.

I have a new kindle paperwhite. It is asking for my password.

I have a new kindle paperwhite. It is asking for my password. I looked up my mac address and attempted to use it but it is being denied. My Wi-fi is XXXXXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Have you registered the Kindle yet, and are you certain it's asking for your Wi-Fi Password?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, but I'm out of ideas on this one and will Opt Out and perhaps another Expert can assist you. Your question is now open for other Experts to view, and if any can assist you with your problem, they will reply back to this conversation. Best regards, Aric
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 1 year ago.

Hi the passphrase does not always work and will need to use the actual WEB, On the screen that contains the security setting for WEP you should see the 'Pass Phrase (may appear only as ******) Just below this you should see the actual Encryption Key. Try entering this instead of the actual pass-phrase. May be case sensitive so type it exactly as it appear there.

`

Note the password XXXXX connect to your WIFI is the wireless web key / password not the login in password XXXXX the kindle or Amazon... * Before connecting the Kindle to the wi-fi network, you should know the settings of your router. If it is secured then you must know the correct key or password. first look on the label of your wireless router for the default ID and wireless password XXXXX web key to use, if that does not work & you are not sure about the settings then you will need to open the setup page of the router (please provide the model #) and check the settings. Also, may need to make sure MAC address filtering is disabled, if have selected the correct wireless network name and entered correct password, but still unable to connect. If do not currently have a home wireless setup, may go to a free local wifi hotspot like McDonalds or coffee shops like Starbucks.

`

** Here is how to find your password XXXXX a Windows Vista, 7 or 8 laptop computer connected now on your home wireless network ->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XaEuBIWwYQ Please go to the bottom right corner of your screen where your internet connections bars are shown, select it (left click) , find your home connection listed, right click it, select properties, check the box to Show Characters of your network password. May then note it and click cancel to close the window without making any changes to it.

+ or the steps below may be a bit easier +

Can reference this online guide (click here) : Go to the bottom right of your computer screen, click on the windows icon and Type ncpa.cpl in the search or run bar on the bottom left, then press Enter. A new window should open with your wireless connection listed. Right-click on your 'wireless network connection' and select STATUS from the menu options. Click the ‘Wireless Properties' button and select the SECURITY tab. Check the box to Show Characters of your network password. May then note it and click cancel to close the window without making any changes to it.

~

Well please give it a try and let me know if have any questions along the way with a reply....

~

" Please note: This is an independent 24hr online paid assistance site, where independent experts in their field from across the globe, can assist you for the agreed upon fee, all in the privacy and comfort of your home. I am not paid a salary, I am spending my personal unpaid time to help you and I am only paid a part of your question deposit when you give a smiley face / star rating of 3 or higher for my assistance provided. >> Troubleshooting sometimes requires some back & forth to better understand the issue and isolate the cause: Please do NoT rate my assistance offered negatively withBAD service or POOR service, that will just result in a permanent negative towards my overall site support record and will not help resolve anything... If you still have an issue do not rate, please REPLY with additional information, so can help you further or request to open your question to other impartial experts that may have alternative answers or may close out this session and forward to the site customer service << Remember to only rate my answer good, great, or EXCELLENT after we have worked on the issue together to your satisfaction. Bonuses are welcomed & appreciated. Thank You . . . See > http://www.dr-fix-it-advise.com/ < "

Dr. Fix-It, Technician
Experience: ... its a whole library in your hands.