Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

I am stuck in Kindle Fire HD Freetime and cannot get out of

Customer Question

I am stuck in Kindle Fire HD Freetime and cannot get out of it. Please help?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Hlelo! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm happy to help.

To exit FreeTime, Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Exit FreeTime, or, if you are in the Settings screen, tap the Exit icon. To exit, you must enter the Parental Controls password.

To change your password:

1. While using Kindle FreeTime, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap More.
  2. Enter your Parental Controls password XXXXX tap OK.
  3. Tap Change Parental Controls Password.
  4. Enter a password (at least 4 characters long), enter it again to verify, and tap Next.

If you forget your parental controls password, you'll need to reset your Kindle Fire to the default factory settings. To reset, click reset your Kindle to factory defaults from the Parental Controls Password entry screen.

If you need more help please reply. If not rate positively and have a great day!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not know what the password XXXXX XXXXX Kindle Free Time. Help please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not remember the password XXXXX Kindle Free Time. Help Please.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Please don't rate until we are finished with your problem. Negative ratings such as the one you gave go on my record.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot reset to factory defaults if I cannot get out of Kindle Fire Freetime. Help me.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Dorothy,

Swipe your finger from the top of the screen down toward the middle, then tap Exit Freetime. You'll then be asked for the password XXXXX reset to factory.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot put a password XXXXX to exit Patental controls because I do not know it. I do not see anyplease on that screen that says reset to factory. Please help me and respond to me.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
If you don't see the option, input 10 wrong passwords and the message to reset should pop up on your screen.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have put in 10 wrong password and still do not see the message to set.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
I'm very sorry, it appears that my solutions aren't working in your particular case. I will opt out and allow another technician to view our exchange. You will receive an email when a solution has been posted.
Expert:  Josh replied 3 years ago.
Hi! My name is Josh and I will be assisting you. Please rate my answer quality on the service that I provide. Let's get started!

I have read your previous chat with Thomas and if none of his steps have worked then please try this..

If you have a leather case on your Kindle; Please remove it before performing the steps below.

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts or asks for Shutdown. If it asks for Shutdown then please shut down the device and power it back on

If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.