Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, E-Readers Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

How do you unlock the kindle fire hd.

How do you unlock the kindle fire hd.
Welcome!

My nickname is Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Just to be sure, is your Kindle locked (password XXXXX) or frozen/unresponsive?

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I can't tell.

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the reply.

Are you able to get into the Menu, or does the lock prevent you from doing anything?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This is new. I received 2 days ago' Every time I turn it on I get I get a new advertisement. That's as far as I can go.

Mary, did you register your Kindle?

Reset your Kindle and let me know if that works please.

Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button for 30 seconds.
2. After 30 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your Kindle.

Please try this procedure at least 3 times (if you have leather cover or any other cover remove it).

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Nothing happens.

Thank you for the reply Mary.

You said "I downloaded upgrade without trouble", did you install upgrade on your Kindle?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I lost your last reply.

No problem, I'll repeat my previous message.

Mary, you said "I downloaded upgrade without trouble", did you install upgrade on your Kindle?

When this problem appeared, after upgrade installation?

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When I turned the kindle on for the 1st time it automatically registered me. I purchased it on the Amazon site. Then it prompted me to download upgrades. The upgrade was successful. It prompted me to retart the kindle. From then on everything was locked.

Thank you for the great information Mary.

Your Kindle won't start because of issue caused by new software upgrade. Unfortunately, there is no solution for this problem that you can perform by yourself. Software needs to be re-flashed (changed with the new one) with specific tools and new flash software.

Mary, good news is that your Kindle is covered with 1-year Amazon warranty. You will have to contact Amazon warranty support service at 1-866-321-8851 in order to receive a new Kindle for free. The returning shipment would be free as well.

Sorry I could not be of any more assistance, but this kind of issue can not be resolved online.

If you are not satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record (very damaging for me). Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button (just reply "I'm not satisfied") and I'll connect your with our refund office (your deposit will be refunded).

Kind Regards,
Todd