Sometimes your Kindle can be unresponsive (won't charge) and keep you from using the device properly.
Don't panic, there are several procedures that can fix this problem.
Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button for 30 seconds.
2. After 30 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your Kindle.
4. Try to charge your Kindle. Please try this procedure at least 3 times (if you have leather cover or any other cover remove it).
If the previous procedure doesn't work, perform the procedure below:
1. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 5 minutes.
2. After 5 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold power (slide and hold) button for 30 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the Kindle to reboot.