Cory
Cory, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Expert
8685120

my kindle (model D00901) has frozen up. it will not shut down.

my kindle (model D00901) has frozen up. it will not shut down. the screen saver stays on and the green light stayed on for anumber of hours before it died. when you plug it in, the orange light comes on as if itis charging. what to do? David
Welcome, I am Cory. I will be assisting you today.

First off, I am sorry you are having problems with your Kindle. I know it is frustrating when our electronic devices do not work correctly.

It sounds like there maybe a glitch in the firmware.

Please remove the case if you have it in one and unplug it from a charging source, if connected. Press in and hold the power button/on switch for 30 seconds, this will reset the firmware. Please wait up to 3 minutes for it to restart.

If your Kindle still has issues, please reply and I will assist you further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

held swith to close for over 40 secs. then waited 4 minutes. still same problem

David,

I am sorry you are still having issues with your Kindle.

Let's do a hard reset

Please plug your Kindle into the charger for 10 minutes. Once 10 minutes has passed, with it connected to the charger, please slide in and hold the power button/on switch for up to 1 minute, until the screen flickers. Please let the Kindle charge for an additional 10 minutes.

Once the 10 minutes has passed, please let me know if it is working again.

If it is not working correctly, please let me know when you purchased it?

If you have any questions, please reply and I will assist you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i put the kindle on charge for 10 minutes. then with the charger still plug in I held the switch on for over a minute. there was no flicker - no activity at all. so, I unplugged the charger and then held the switch on again for a minute. NO activity at all. the Kindle was a gift. my friend Herb bought it from Amazon and had it shipped. that was over a year ago but do not have the sctual date of purchase. my firend is out of the country so can't check his records.

David,

Did you let it charge for 10 minutes after you tried to reset it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, and it is now 9 additional minutes and the screen has been restored. i opened the sample i mentioned earlier, and it has come on. i guess all is well. now over 10 minutes on second charge so have unplugged as green light has remained on.

David,

That is great, I am glad it is working again.

Please remember to rate my answer.

I will not get credit for assisting you today unless you rate 'Ok Service/Good Effort" or higher and click Submit. (Some customers just need to click Accept)

Have a great week!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i unplugged the charger and shortly got the message - low battery, so i plugged it back in. orange light on so will wait for green before using it

david

David,

Yes, please wait an hour before unplugging it from the charger.