namstech
namstech, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Experienced in designing/troubleshooting electronic systems
31303650

Kindle fire plug feels loose in kindle socket and charge light

Kindle fire plug feels loose in kindle socket and charge light won't come on. Have tried two different ones to no avail. Did try to reset to make sure it wasn't a need to reboot and reload software.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  namstech replied 2 years ago.

namstech :

Hello and welcome!

namstech :

I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

namstech :

Does your kindle have a protective leather cover?

Customer:

Yes but I already removed it.

Customer:

Feels like it may be the socket inside the Kindle.

namstech :

When you press and hold the switch, does the kindle light get lit?

Customer:

I have a little bit of battery left so the green light does go on when I turn it on but cannot get the charge light to go on and will not take charge.

namstech :

Ok. How long did you press and hold the switch to reset it?

Customer:

20 - 30 seconds

namstech :

Did you try that with kindle unplugged from the power source or computer?

Customer:

When I wiggle the plug, it will turn the kindle on but again no charge light shows. When I held the button down for 20 - 30 seconds it didn't restart by itself.

Customer:

Yes it was unlpugged at the time I did it.

namstech :

Ok. Can you please try pressing and holding the power switch for upto 1 minute while kindle is unplugged.

namstech :

Let me know if it restarts.

Customer:

ok will do now

namstech :

After that, plug it in for charging.

namstech :

Let me know if it can be charged.

Customer:

It did not restart and not charging.

Customer:

But Kindle turned on when plug was wiggled. but still no charging light

namstech :

I see.

namstech :

How old is your kindle.

Customer:

Just under a year I think.

namstech :

Seems like a fault with the connector where the charging wire gets plugged into kindle. However, nothing to worry as your kindle is still under warranty.

namstech :

By the way, does the wire feel loose?

Customer:

Yes does not feel like it is tightly in the Kindle Fire socket. It wiggles pretty freely.

namstech :

I see. I think you must contact Amazon kindle support for in-warranty options. Hopefully you will get a free replacement kindle.

namstech :

Please contact them on the following number:

namstech :

1-866-321-8851

namstech :

Let me know if you have any problem (s).

Customer:

I bought it at Best Buy does that matter?

namstech :

You bought it in US, right?

Customer:

Yes

namstech :

Ok, then it is OK to contact Amazon directly.

namstech :

Amazon have a great return policy.

Customer:

OK thank you very much!

namstech :

i.e. for kindle.

namstech :

You are welcome :-).

namstech :

If you have any problem regarding this issue, you can always reply back.

namstech :

Your 100% satisfaction is my goal.

namstech :

Have a great day!

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX!

namstech, Electrical Engineer
Experience: Experienced in designing/troubleshooting electronic systems