AnswerManRob, Top Technician
Experience:  Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics

My Kindle wont turn on. My Kindle 1 crashed last night.

My Kindle won't turn on.
My Kindle 1 crashed last night. As I was moving it around, it turned to the "Go to" function and, as I was reaching for it, accidentally pushed on buttons on face. Then i couldn't get out of the function. I tried paging forward and back, typing in things but couldn't get it out of the function. I tried pushing the power button a few times but it wouldn't turn off. I tried leaving it over night in hopes its power save function would turn it off. No luck. In the morning, when I was able to look up how to reset, pushed and held the power button for several seconds, it turned off and went blank (white screen). Now when I push the power button, it won't turn on. I have tried resetting it severall times (hold the power button, green light flashes, screen goes dark, then white) but it still won't turn back on. Please Help. CMee
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.

Your firmware may be glitched. Try resetting your Kindle by pressing or sliding and holding the power switch for a full 20 seconds. If you have the newest model, it has a push button. Press it and hold it for 20 seconds. Your Kindle operating system should reload within three minutes. If this does not occur or the Kindle still malfunctions, please let me know the model number on the back. It will begin with D0.