Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, E-Readers Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

kindle is fully charged and wont come on. the green light

kindle is fully charged and won't come on. the green light comes on and goes off immediatley.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 1 year ago.
Welcome!

My nickname is Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Before we start, please let me explain how this service works:
Electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

When you are satisfied or your problem has been solved, please don't forget to rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.

•ANSWER•

This problem sounds like a hardware issue. Before my final answer, let's check every possibility to be sure it isn't something wrong with the software.

Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button for 35 seconds.
2. After 35 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your Kindle.

Please try this procedure at least 3 times (if you have leather cover or any other cover remove it).

If the previous procedure doesn't work, perform the procedure below:
1. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 5 minutes.
2. After 5 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold power (slide and hold) button for 30 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the Kindle to reboot.

If this solution doesn't work or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

did anything my husband do cause the above? just repeatyour above directions if recurs? it did work. i just wnt to know what to do if happens again. my husbaand loves his games .

Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 1 year ago.
Hi Terry,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, copy or remember solutions I have provided you in the previous message, so next time if you have the same or similar problem (frozen Kindle, won't charge, won't connect to wifi) just perform one of the solutions.

Terry you don't need to worry, your Kindle is perfectly fine. The glitch in the software caused that Kindle became frozen (the same glitch you have on your computer, so you need to restart it, or frozen cell phone when you need to remove your battery to reset it).

If you need more information please let me know.

If you are satisfied with my personal service please don't forget to rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Kriptokrit, E-Readers Technician
Experience: Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.