Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, E-Readers Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

My kindle is frozen to the sleep screen and wont wake up when

My kindle is frozen to the sleep screen and won't wake up when I slide the power switch, how do i get it to wake up?
Welcome!

My nickname is Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Before we start, please let me explain how this service works:
Electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to solve your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not solve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

When you are satisfied or your problem has been solved, please don't forget to rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.

•ANSWER•

Sometimes your Kindle can be frozen or unresponsive and keep you from using the device properly.
Don't panic, there are several procedures that can fix this problem.

Please follow the steps below:
1. Press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button on the bottom of the device for 30 seconds.
2. After the 30 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your Kindle.
If the previous procedure doesn't work, please try this:

1. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold power button for 20 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the Kindle to reboot.

If this solution doesn't work or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button.

Kind Regards,
Todd