Andy, Ereader Expert
Experience:  11yr exp. MS Elec Engg, Design Engineer.

My Kindle Fire touch screen will not respond. I dont know

My Kindle Fire touch screen will not respond. I don't know what to do! I bout it March 2, 2012 so it's not even a year old yet? Is this a common problem?
I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today. Please Reply to me with doubts / questions till you are 100% satisfied.

Please do this :

If you are using a leather (or any other) cover on your Kindle, remove it now.
Connect the Kindle in to the charger for about 5 minutes. Then, keeping the Kindle plugged in to the charger, slide (or push) and hold the switch for up to one minute or until you see the Kindle screen flicker, whichever is sooner.
Then, wait for about 3 minutes so that the Kindle can reboot.

Let me know result via the REPLY TO EXPERT button.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
After a minute of having it plugged into the charger, I could get into it. Why did it do this and what does having the cover off have to do with it?

Thank you for your confirmation.

Don't worry, it happens due to software glitch ... and you can repeat the same procedure if it happens again.

Sometimes the cover causes device to overheat and sometimes interferes with the wifi signals. You can put the cover back for now.

Please go ahead and RATE this answer with 3to5 stars / Smiley face so that I get credited for my answer from this website.

Thanks and take care!