AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob, Top Technician
Experience:  Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics
24991566

I cannot get my Kindle Fire to charge. Sometimes the orange

I cannot get my Kindle Fire to charge. Sometimes the orange light comes on but it isn't charging the machine. I don't know if it's the connection or what but it is very frustrating. What do I need to do?
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.

If the orange light is on but it isn't charging, believe your firmware may need resetting. Make sure the plug is securely seated in the Fire's adapter receptacle. Let me know if it is not. Try rebooting your Kindle by pressing and holding the power button for 20 seconds. Wait one minute and try turning it on and using it. If the Kindle still malfunctions, please let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The green light came on but only for a couple of seconds.

Now plug it into the charger for 15 minutes. After that, and while still plugged in, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Make sure you do not disconnect power throughout the process. Let me know if it still does not work correctly.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The green light came on but only for 3-4 seconds, then went dead.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have had it plugged in but it is not doing anything. The green light came on for 1 or 2 seconds then went out. Now it's dead
Contact Kindle Warranty Support at(NNN) NNN-NNNN They will ship a replacement out to you. When you receive it,register it to your Kindle account and you will have immediate access to your books in your archives. Until your replacement arrives, your other options are to read your books on other devices using free applications for iPad, iPhone, iTouch, Blackberry, PC, or Mac. If you wish help in doing this let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your help!
Have a great weekend Dixie. It's probably the connection point on the Fire if it still isn't charging. There have been problems with that.