AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob , Top Technician
Experience:  Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics
24991566

My kindle fire will not charge. The battery icon has a question

My kindle fire will not charge. The battery icon has a question make inside of it.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  AnswerManRob replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.

I believe your firmware may need resetting. Try rebooting your Kindle by pressing and holding the power button for 20 seconds. Wait one minute and try turning it on and using it. If the Kindle still malfunctions, please let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The kindle did not come on.
If that did not work, let's try to force a reboot. If you have a leather cover on it, remove it. The battery charging circuits are controlled by the software as well. If the software isn't allowing the Kindle to accept a proper charge, it may cause the Kindle to malfunction too. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes and while still plugged in, slide or press and hold the switch for one minute. Make sure you don't disconnect the power during this entire process. Allow 3 minutes afterward for the Kindle to reboot. If this doesn't correct the problem, let me know the approximate purchase date of your Kindle.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I replied that the last response was the kindle still did not come on. I also stated that the kindle fire was purchased in November 2011.
Contact Kindle Warranty Support at(NNN) NNN-NNNN They will ship a replacement out to you. When you receive it,register it to your Kindle account and you will have immediate access to your books in your archives. Until your replacement arrives, your other options are to read your books on other devices using free applications for iPad, iPhone, iTouch, Blackberry, PC, or Mac. If you wish help in doing this let me know.