simitpatel
simitpatel, Engineer
Experience:  I own and have dismantled both the Sony E-Reader, and 2 models of the Kindle.
15190142

kindle fire will not charge at all. plug in and light is green

kindle fire will not charge at all. plug in and light is green for a second then turns to orange and will not charge at all. have plugged into the charger that came with it and have moved it to different outlets and also tried my motoroal rzr charger. am very frustrated!

simitpatel :

Hello. Let me know when you are ready. Just type into the box below and press enter to reply.

simitpatel :

Try resetting the Kindle. Make sure the Kindle is unplugged, and then press the power button and hold it for 30 seconds. Let me know if that doesn't fix it.

simitpatel :

If that fixes it, please don't forget to click the ACCEPT button. Any bonuses and feedback are greatly appreciated.

Customer:

ok am ready.. holding button now

simitpatel :

OK.

Customer:

it did nothing. it is completely dead and will not charge

simitpatel :

OK. Now plug the Kindle into power. Does the charge light come on.

Customer:

no light is on and i just plugged it in. shall i push the power button?

simitpatel :

If the light isn't on, then it's likely not charging. You can try the power button. But go ahead try another power cable again(The one from your RAZR).

Customer:

i held the restart button again and replugged in and a green light came on and then went to orange now no light is on but the screen is on and kindle fire is on the screen and then it completely goes black again and not light on either

Customer:

i have only had the thing since christmas and all i do on it is read.

Customer:
simitpatel :

If the charge light isn't staying on, then your Kindle has likely had a hardware failure. It's still under warranty, so Your best option would be to call Amazon at the number below. They will likely send you a replacement the Kindle. You will get the replacement in a few days and it will have all your books on it

simitpatel :

1-866-321-8851

simitpatel :

Let me know if you need any more help with this. If I answered your question, please don't forget to rate my answer.

Customer:

thank you. the only thing is it was a gift and i have no receipt or anything. i can't even find the box so i doubt they will send me a replacement

Customer: