simitpatel
simitpatel, Engineer
Experience:  I own and have dismantled both the Sony E-Reader, and 2 models of the Kindle.
15190142

My Kindle Fire has a blank screen. Has been fully charged

My Kindle Fire has a blank screen. Has been fully charged but won't go on.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  simitpatel replied 4 years ago.

simitpatel :

Hello. Let me know when you are ready. Just type into the box below and press enter to reply.

simitpatel :

Try resetting the Kindle. Make sure the Kindle is unplugged, and then press the power button and hold it for 30 seconds. Let me know if that doesn't fix it.

simitpatel :

If that fixes it, please don't forget to click the ACCEPT button. Any bonuses and feedback are greatly appreciated.

Customer:

I don't know what you mean by "resetting" the Kindle It was being charged. I unplugged it and pressed the power button (the green light went off) but the screen went blank and the green light is

out!

simitpatel :

When I say reset it, I mean that you need to hold the power button for 30 seconds.

Customer:

OK I held the power button for 30 seconds -- the green light was on as I pressed it and after 10 seconds the green light went out. I continued for another 20 seconds, green light never came back on nor did the Kindle come on????

simitpatel :

OK. Now plug the Kindle into power. Does the charge light come on?

Customer:

OK, I just plugged it in, pressed the power button and now it is on. Now it is asking me to sign in to use the Internet and I don't know how to do that -- I have never "signed it in the past -- I have no need to use the Internet. I just want to read my books.

simitpatel :

You just need to connect to Wifi. If you just want to read the books on there, then you can just skip that.

Customer:

Ok, I hit "cancel" and it gave me my library. If I have further problems do I just go through the "chat" expert again?

simitpatel :

That's great. Yes, you can just do that if you need any more help. Let me know if you need any more help with this. If I answered your question, please don't forget to rate my answer. Any bonuses and feedback are greatly appreciated.

Customer:

Thanks, Yvonne

Customer:
simitpatel, Engineer
Experience: I own and have dismantled both the Sony E-Reader, and 2 models of the Kindle.