AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob, Top Technician
Experience:  Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics
24991566

My kindle fire will not turn on or charge.

My kindle fire will not turn on or charge. No light appears. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.

I believe your firmware may need resetting. Try rebooting your Kindle by pressing and holding the power button for 20 seconds. Wait one minute and try turning it on and using it. If the Kindle still malfunctions, please let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Still not working.
If that did not work, let's try to force a reboot. The battery charging circuits are controlled by the software as well. If the software isn't allowing the Kindle to accept a proper charge, it may cause the Kindle to malfunction too. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes and while still plugged in, press and hold the switch for one minute. Make sure you don't disconnect the power during this entire process. Allow 3 minutes afterward for the Kindle to reboot. If this doesn't correct the problem, let me know the approximate purchase date of your Kindle.