Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

My Kindle Fire has been frozen for 3 hours - it is on, but

My Kindle Fire has been frozen for 3 hours - it is on, but will not respond to any touches (I use a soft tipped stylus). It will not even turn off! Help! (I miss my reading before bed)
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. Please rate my answer quality on the service that I provide. Let's get started!

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes and hold down the power button for 45 seconds until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process.

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. Please note you are rating my help and not the site or the solution only my help. If you feel the need to rate "POOR SERVICE" or "BAD SERVICE", please stop and reply to me via the Reply To Expert or Continue Conversation button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will go to plug it in right now for 5 minutes and then hold the power button for 45 seconds and wait 2-3 mins for it to reboot. be backatcha in about 8 mins.
OK sounds great!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so, while we are waiting, why did this happen? is this a common problem?
Hi Wanda,

Very common issue and it is usually caused by a glitch in the software similar to a computer having a frozen program.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well! it finally turned off, now just waiting for reboot. Will it turn on automatically?
Yes, it should if it is rebooting.

If after 5 minutes it does nothing then please attempt to power it back on
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
good night, Josh.
Did it work?

Please rate my answer before you go so I am compensated!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You didn't get my previous message :(

Yes!! it worked and I am very happy. If this happens again, can I use the same procedure?

I will give you an excellent rating :)

Wanda

Yes, you can use that same procedure again!

Thanks in advance for the excellent rating!