Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

my kindle fire will not charge, Ive tried every sort of charger

my kindle fire will not charge, I've tried every sort of charger that works for them and so far nothing shows it charging. I have also tried to reboot it as directed by a number of sites including this one. i dont think its my usb cord as I also tried my phone charger, and when i plug the usb cord in it gives me the options to transfer files. Since Ive already tried rebooting it I am rather worried :( I NEED my kindle! Please help many thanks
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.What rebooting method did you try? What color is the light when you try to charge it? Did you try charging with the wall adapter only or with that as well as the computer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the power light is orange also and yes I tried charging via computer and wall adaptor
It sounds like the firmware may be frozen try this and let me know the results hold the power switch for at least 60 seconds. Try this at least 3 times and then let me know what happens. The firmware can sometimes get frozen the same way that a computer will occasionally. If you need any clarification on this or have any questions about it please let me know, if not please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that is how this site credits me for my time. Also please note you are rating my service only and not this site or your Kindle.