Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician
Experience:  ... its a whole library in your hands.
2926636

Why cant register my Kindle Fire? Every time I try it tells

Customer Question

Why can't register my Kindle Fire? Every time I try it tells me I need to be connected a Wireless service and I am connected I even have Internet.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 2 years ago.

Hi Congrats on your new Kindle Fire purchase, to register your
Kindle you will need to log into your AMAZON account and then may proceed to register your Kindle device (left side of page listed option)...If you purchased the Kindle Fire direct from Amazon then it is already registered to your account.
`

Please see the link below for guide and videos on the setup process- http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_register_k6i?nodeId=200784900

`

If do not have a home wireless, can skip this part of the setup and can transfer books via USB cable or go to a free wifi hotspot like McDonalds or Starbucks to get connected to the free wireless internet.

`

Note the password XXXXX connect to your WIFI is the wireless web key / password
not the login in password XXXXX the kindle or Amazon...

*

Before connecting the Kindle to the wi-fi network, you should know the settings of your router. If it is secured then you must know the correct key or password. if you are not sure about the settings then you will need to open the setup page of the router and check the settings. Also, Make sure MAC address filtering is disabled.

**

Here is how to find your password XXXXX a windows vista or windows 7 computer in your home wireless network ;
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XaEuBIWwYQ

Go to bottom right and click on the bottom right and LEFT click on the wireless connection bars to see your wireless connections. RIGHT click on the Connected Network name listed and then LEFT click on Properties. Will then see the network connection information and the option to show the password XXXXX LEFT click the box and write down the wireless password XXXXX Then uncheck the box and close the window.

*

Note we are not paid a salary and are only paid when you give a happy smiley face rating for our assistance provided.
Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel still have an issue or question please stop and reply to me via the REPLY to Expert or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have . I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Maria if you do not have a wireless connection skip the part of the Kindle Fire setup and can get a USB cable to transfer any ebooks you purchase on your computer to your new Kindle ;

Here is the cable needed - http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-A-Male-Micro-B-Cable-Feet/dp/B004GF8TIK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340601702&sr=8-1&keywords=kindle+fire+usb+cable

&

Here is the Amazon process outlined:

"

You can transfer a variety of content from a Windows or Mac computer to your Kindle Fire through a USB cable (sold separately), including music, videos, photos, and documents. When your Kindle Fire is plugged into your computer, it will appear as a removable mass-storage device.

Note: Personal content transferred to your Kindle Fire is only stored on your device and not stored in the Amazon Cloud.

Downloading Kindle content from your Kindle Library to your computer

If you have already purchased the book, magazine or newspaper you wish to transfer to your Kindle Fire via USB, visit Manage Your Kindle and locate the item you want to download from the "All Items" section. Filter your view for or search your library to quickly find an item.

Content purchased from the Kindle Store can be downloaded to your Kindle, or Kindle compatible device, as long as you've registered the device to the Amazon account that purchased the Kindle content. There is no limit on the number of times eligible Kindle content title can be downloaded to a registered Kindle device, but there may be limits on the number of devices (usually 6) that can simultaneously use a single book. Note that Kindle active content is not currently available for Kindle Fire.

1. Click on the "Actions" button beside the title and select "Download & transfer via USB."

2. Select the device you will transfer the file to and click the "Download" button.

3. If you haven't yet purchased the item, you can choose "Transfer via Computer" when purchasing it from the Kindle Store, then click "Buy now with 1-Click."

Description: Select Download via USB while purchasing

If you have more than one Kindle device registered to the account, you will see a pop-up window asking you to choose a device. If you do not select the correct Kindle device, you will be unable to open the content on that device.

4. Once you've successfully saved the file onto your computer, proceed to Transferring content via USB for further instructions.

Connecting your Kindle Fire via USB

1. Plug the larger end of the USB cable (sold separately) into an available USB port or a powered USB hub connected to your computer.
  2. Connect the other end of a USB cable to the micro-USB port on the bottom of your Kindle Fire. You may need to unlock your Kindle Fire device before it can be opened on your computer.

Your Kindle Fire content cannot be accessed through the device while you are in USB drive mode. To eject your Kindle Fire, tap the Disconnect button at the bottom of the screen, or follow these steps to eject your Kindle Fire through your computer:

• Windows Vista and 7: Click on the Start button, select Computer from the options, right-click on the Kindle drive icon and select Eject from the pop-up menu.
  • Windows XP: Right-click on the Safely remove hardware icon in the lower left-hand corner of the task bar and follow the on-screen instructions to remove Kindle.
  • Mac OS: Control-click on the Kindle device icon and choose Eject.

Your Kindle Fire will then exit USB drive mode and display the Home screen.

Transferring content via USB

1. Once you've connected your Kindle Fire to a computer with a USB cable (sold separately), your Kindle Fire will appear in the same location as external USB drives usually appear. For Windows users, this is typically in the "Computer" or "My Computer" menu. For Mac users, the drive will appear on the desktop.
  2. Open the Kindle drive; you will see several folders inside. You may need to unlock your Kindle Fire device before it can be opened on your computer.
  3. Locate the downloaded file and drag and drop it into the applicable content folder, such as Video, Music, or Pictures.
  4. Safely eject your Kindle Fire from your computer and unplug the USB cable.

"