Andy, Ereader Expert
Experience:  11yr exp. MS Elec Engg, Design Engineer.

My Kindle Fire suddenly stopped connecting to my WiFi connection

My Kindle Fire suddenly stopped connecting to my WiFi connection at home even though the connection is fine and I can get the internet on my computer. I haven't changed any settings on my KF...it just stopped any connection. I tried turning it off and then back on...didn't work.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

Please do this :

If you are using a leather (or any other) cover on your Kindle, remove it now.
Connect the Kindle in to the charger for about 5 minutes. Then, keeping the Kindle plugged in to the charger, slide (or push) and hold the switch for up to one minute or until you see the Kindle screen flicker, whichever is sooner.
Then, wait for about 3 minutes so that the Kindle can reboot.

If problem persists, then its a hardware failure and the unit needs to be repaired / replaced by Amazon.

You will have to give a call to following phone number for repairs.
  • In the United States: 1-866-321-8851
  • Outside the United States: 1-206-266-0927

Thanks,
Andy, Ereader Expert
Experience: 11yr exp. MS Elec Engg, Design Engineer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have discovered another "wrinkle" in my connectivity problem. I discovered that I can connect to a network at another location. Can I "disconnect" my home wif info from my Kindle and then re-establish it to see if that works? I can't find a way to do this in the regular choices for wifi connection. Also, would it be beneficial to return to "factory settings" and start over? If so, what exactly would I lose? I have many books stored on my device and in the cloud.
Thanks for you help, gayla
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.

Please reset the unit to factory settings and it will delete all corrupt network data.

You will be able to redownload all the books that you have already purchased by going to your amazon.com account (through your computer) and then to Manage my kindle.

Thanks
Andy, Ereader Expert