Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician
Experience:  ... its a whole library in your hands.
2926636

I have a "Network Connectivity Error" on my Kindle Fire - I

Customer Question

I have a "Network Connectivity Error" on my Kindle Fire - I know I am on my Wi Fi network. How do I resolve this?

grimesXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 2 years ago.

Hi please restart the Kindle by pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds, then allow few minutes to reboot. Once comes back on may verify your wireless connection ;

To connect to Wi-Fi follow these simple steps:

1. Tap the Quick Settings icon

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
    View Full Image

Register Here
    in the top right hand corner of the Home screen.
  2. Select Wi-Fi.
  3. Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindle detects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear tap the box next to Wireless Networking off and on to refresh the list.

1. Tap the name of the network you wish to connect to from the list of available networks.

Tip:
    When viewing Kindle Fire in landscape view, you may need to scroll through the list of available networks, using your finger to swipe through the list.

2. If a lock symbol appears next to your network, it requires a password. Enter the characters of the password using the onscreen keyboard.
  3. Tap Connect.

Tip: Tap the 123!? key to enter numbers or symbols. Tap the ABC key to return to the regular keyboard. Tap the Shift key (up arrow) for uppercase letters.

Once you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, Kindle Fire automatically connects to it again whenever that network is in range. If more than one previously used network is in range, your Kindle Fire automatically connects to the network that was most recently used.

*

If issue persist please call 1-866-749-7771 to speak to Amazon customer service.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The problem turned out to be with my internet provider, "Windstream", took them 3 days to resolve the problem with their modem. Your solution did not work, now I am out $30!!

Dave Grimes
Hi your deposit remains in your JA account to use on any question or may email info@justanswer.com to request refund. thanks