Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician
Experience:  ... its a whole library in your hands.
2926636

how do i transfer books from one kindle to another after enchanging

Customer Question

how do i transfer books from one kindle to another after enchanging kindle registration>
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to be working with you today. Let's see if we can get your problem resolved!

In order to assist you, I need more detail about your situation.

1. What models are these Kindles?

2. Are they registered to the same amazon.com account?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not know the models, one is older, white and larger, the other was purchased last year, is black and measures 4 3/4 by 7 1/2 inches . No, one is XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX. the other is XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX.
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Therein lies your problem. You can't use a book on a different account. Purchased books are linked to the account they were purchased with and will only work with that account.

You can register up to 5 kindles with the same account. That way both Kindles can access the same books.

You can also 'loan' a book to another account for 14 days. CLICK HERE to see how.

Please click ACCEPT (and/or Smiley Face if asked) if I have answered your question. This is the only way I'm compensated by this site and it doesn't cost you anything extra. You can reply to this thread at any time. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did not explain the problem well. My daughter and I have traded Kindles. Now we would like to have our books trade also, so her books would be on what used to be mine and my books would be on what used be hers. Her registration went thru but mine has not, yet. She is Elizabeth Cecile Carson and I am Neola Heasty. We both have accounts with Amazon.com. Thank You, Neola
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

Log into your account at Amazon.com. In the upper right hand corner, point to Your Account. Then, click Manage Your Kindle. You should see a list of purchased books. On the right hand of the page you should see a button that says Actions. Click Actions next to the book you want and click Deliver to my... Deliver the book to your Kindle, then return to your Kindle and Sync again by going to Menu and then Sync. It should work as long as you're connected to WIFI.

If this doesn't work, return to Manage Your Kindle on Amazon.com and visit the Pending Deliveries page. If there is a reason for the non delivery, it should be listed there.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 2 years ago.

Hi you need to DE-register the Kindle first from the existing / previous account and then may RE-register the Kindle to YOUR account. Once the Kindle is setup for your AMAZON account you can access your archive of books from YOUR Kindle (the Kindle if registered will be listed on left under registered devices) or can use the ACTIONS tab online to resend any books to your Kindle.

`

YOUR Kindle Library contains all of your Kindle content, including books, newspapers, magazines, blogs, personal documents, Audible audiobooks, and active content. You can view titles by content type or use the search box to find specific titles.

Your Kindle Library

Click the Actions button on the right to:

• Read a title on your computer using Kindle Cloud Reader
  • Send a title to a compatible registered Kindle device or reading app
  • Deliver past issues of subscription content to an eligible Kindle device or reading app, or cancel a subscription
  • Download a title or issue of a subscription to your computer and transfer it to your Kindle device via USB
Dr. Fix-It, Technician
Experience: ... its a whole library in your hands.

To deregister your Kindle online:

1. Go to Manage Your Kindle.
  2. Click on "Deregister."

To deregister your Kindle from the device:

1. Press the Home button; then press the Menu button and select Turn Wireless On.
  2. Press Menu again and navigate to "Settings" using the 5-way controller; press to select.
  3. Select "deregister."

or

`

To deregister your Kindle Touch from the device:

1. Press the Home button to access the Home screen and tap Menu. Then select Turn On Wireless.
  2. Tap Menu again and select Settings.
  3. Select Registration. If your device is already registered, you'll see a pop up screen about deregistering your Kindle Touch. Tap the Deregister button.

Once the Kindle is no longer associated with the prior account may then register to yours and have access restored to your ebook library.