AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob, Top Technician
Experience:  Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics
24991566

My Kindle screen --- Model D00901--has frozen to a mix between

My Kindle screen --- Model D00901--has frozen to a mix between the "off" mode screen saver and the book I was reading. I cannot change it. It has recently been charged.
I have tried to charge it again but the performance does not chage

I
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  AnswerManRob replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.

Most likely this is a hardware failure, but your firmware may be glitched. Try resetting your Kindle by sliding and holding the power switch for 20 seconds. If you have the newest model, it has a push button. Press it and hold it for 20 seconds. Your Kindle operating system should reload within three minutes. If this does not occur or the Kindle still malfunctions, please let me know the approximate purchase date of the Kindle.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The Kindle was purchased around the May 2011 time frame
Contact Kindle Warranty Support at(NNN) NNN-NNNN They will ship a replacement out to you. When you receive it,register it to your Kindle account and you will have immediate access to your books in your archives. Until your replacement arrives, your other options are to read your books on other devices using free applications for iPad, iPhone, iTouch, Blackberry, PC, or Mac. If you wish help in doing this let me know. If you have any other questions, please ask.