simitpatel, Engineer
Experience:  I own and have dismantled both the Sony E-Reader, and 2 models of the Kindle.

My Kindle Fire won't turn on after charging

I was charging my kindle fire and now it won't turn on. The kindle was powered off while I was charging and now it won't turn on..screen is illuminated but blank

Category: E-Readers
Expert:  simitpatel replied 4 years ago.

Try resetting the Kindle. Make sure the Kindle is unplugged, and then press the power button and hold it for 30 seconds. Let me know if that doesn't fix it.

If that fixes it, please don't forget to rate my answer.

JACUSTOMER-i09keigz- :
well, the screen that was blank and just glowed turned the screen is completely blank and I held it for 30 secs. and still nothing. won't turn on

simitpatel :
OK. Plug the Kindle into power now. Does the charge light come on?

JACUSTOMER-i09keigz- :
yes! it's red now

simitpatel :
OK. Leave it plugged in for 5 minutes, and then hold the power switch for 30 seconds.

JACUSTOMER-i09keigz- :
alright, is this an issue with kindles? I have only had mine for 3 months.... ugh

simitpatel :
Just like all tablets, sometimes they will lock up, and need to be reset. I think your Kindle may have locked up, which also prevented it from charging properly.

JACUSTOMER-i09keigz- :
That did it! thank you so much for your time in helping would think that a company that has made millions off this product would have a free help line!...ah, corporate america strikes again!

simitpatel :
Great. Let me know if you need any more help with this.