Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-readers.
30037186

how can I find my wifi password? Its on my kindle fire and

how can I find my wifi password? It's on my kindle fire and I don't have an ethernet cable to connect to the router. please help
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 4 years ago.

What is the brand and model of your wireless router?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
motorola 5150
I cannot find that model. Can you check the label on the device for other model? Is that a modem or a wireless router? Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it's an all in one. sorry sbg 901
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it's an all in one. sorry sbg 900
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
wireless router. sorry it's late and i'm frantic.
Please go to the website http://192.168.100.1 (and/or http://192.168.0.1 if it does not work) and login the router with the user ID admin and the password motorola
, then look around for the network / wireless / security /etc. option in order to get the wireless password XXXXX security key.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so I use the browser on my fire to access this url?
No, on your computer. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
but I don't have access to the wifi on my computer, only the kindle fire. I'm using my droid for my wifi on my laptop right now.
How come you don't connect the laptop to your router's wireless instead of droid?

What happens if you connect the kindle to droid?

Can you disconnect the laptop from droid, then connect the laptop to the router with an Ethernet/network cable and try my suggestion?

Do you know if the Internet is working on the router?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't have an ethernet cable and it's 1:48 in the mroning where I am. I have a rooted droid with wireless tether possiblities. My kindle is attached via wifi to my hom enetwork. I'm sick of dropping my laptop connection everytime someone calls, texts, or the clouds move to the wrong spot. I'm looking for a way to get the password XXXXX on my kindle so i can enter into my laptop. Is that possible? Can I use the kindle as a virtual router by tethering via usb at least until a store opens in the morning? I do not want to reset the modem because than I have to fix all my kids computers, printers, ps3, etc.....And my kids are at their mom's so I don't have access to their laptops or the PS3. Bad night for me all in all
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Crap jsut lost my question. I don't have an ethernet cable. Only have the connection from the kindle to the network. My lap top is connected to the droid wirelessly. I don't want to reset the modem because of all teh work involved witrh setting up all the various network devices my kids have when they come over. Just looking for a way to get connected until morning when a storew opewns. Is it possible for me to tether to the Kindle and use that as a virtual router?
No, you must connect the kindle to your router's wireless network name in order to purchase/download ebooks.

Do you have a wireless computer/laptop that is currently connected via wireless to your router's wireless (not droid)? If so, does it have windows xp, vista, or 7?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't. My only two options right now are the kindle, which is hooked into the network, but the password is hidden in the settings and my laptop. My only option for my laptop for wifi is through my phone. I don't have an ethernet cable because my son took it for his PS3 at his moms. I'm just sick of slow downloads and the constant dropping of the wifi hotspot, the recption is shoddy where I'm at. Am I out of luck until a store opens?
Does your laptop have windows xp, vista, or 7?

What happens when you connect the kindle to droid?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
7

the kindle connects to the droid when I set it up. I can get into the router from the web browser on trhe kindle so I'm actually all set. Thanks.
Great. You're welcome. That's all you have to do. Thanks.