AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob, Top Technician
Experience:  Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics
24991566

My Kindle Fire wont recharge when I plug in the charge cord.

Customer Question

My Kindle Fire won't recharge when I plug in the charge cord. What can I do? I've tried several different outlets.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  AnswerManRob replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.

I believe your firmware may need resetting. Try rebooting your Kindle by pressing and holding the power button for 20 seconds. Wait one minute and try turning it on and using it. If the Kindle still malfunctions, please let me know. If it corrects the problem, please remember to accept my answer so JustAnswer will credit me with assisting you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I believe that I have already replied, but here goes again. I tried rebooting the device. That didn't work. I've tried pllugging it into six different outlets in the house and I also tried three different charge cords that have compatible receptacles. The device won't recharge. The battery is very low, less than 10% left. Please help.
Plug it into the charger for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes and while still plugged in, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Do not unplug it at any time during the process. If it still fails to charge (yellow light), let me know the approximate purchase date.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried doing as you said. The yellow light never came on, and now the battery is completely dead. I am researching the purchase date. It was approximately January 30 - I don't Have the specific date. Still trying to find that. However, my registration number on my warranty is DO1EC0A010F9K. Please advise what to do next.
Contact Kindle Warranty Support at 866-321-8851. They will ship a replacement out to you. When you receive it,register it to your Kindle account and you will have immediate access to your books in your archives. Until your replacement arrives, your other options are to read your books on other devices using free applications for iPad, iPhone, iTouch, Blackberry, PC, or Mac. If you wish help in doing this let me know. If you have any other questions, please ask, otherwise don't forget to accept my answer and have a great day.